With the sailing season fast approaching, Liam and Joe have been working to build a schedule for cruising in company this year. Club members should have received an email with the events, however you can also check our events list to see what we’re planning. This year is a milestone year for the Club, as its our 50th anniversary, and we intend to celebrate it all year long – cruising in company will be part of these celebrations. We’re also breathing new life into our trophies for cruising, so not only do you get the pleasure of cruising with fellow club members (and perhaps even sailors from neighbouring clubs), but you’ve got a chance of picking up a trophy for the most miles sailed etc.
- The over-arching aim of the cruises is to ensure safety of all as the overriding factor and at the same time that the planning guarantees – as far as is possible – enjoyable sailing and avoiding punishing weather encounters.
- All timing is provisional and subject to weather; to be verified closer to date. An early indication by skippers of their interest and/or comments to be forwarded to Karin at email@example.com please. New members’ comments especially welcome!
- It is based on the proposition that all destinations have good restaurants/watering places. All final details will be agreed and concluded at a club conference three days before our departure.
- Racing boats will be able to join in the cruises to local ports (Greystones and Malahide) after racing ends.
- The DMYC takes no responsibility for personal injury or accident. Each boat owner or group leader will be required to have taken out appropriate boat insurance cover for crew and other participants.
The entry form and some more details can be found here.