Dun Laoghaire Motor Yacht Club Regatta
Incorporating The King of the Bay
Saturday 11th June 2016
Notice of Race
The race will be sailed under the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), the prescriptions of the Irish Sailing Association (ISA), the rules of this Notice of Race except as modified by the Sailing Instructions and any amendments thereto.
2. Eligibility & Entry Requirements
The race is open to all mono-hull sailing boats, including dinghies and keelboats. Boats must be in one of the four classes defined below. The normal Class Rules do not apply.
|Class A||Racing yachts, capable of sailing in open water, which have a Standard ECHO handicap|
|Class B||Cruising Yachts, capable of sailing in open water, but with no Standard ECHO handicap|
|Class C||DBSC sports boats, SB20, Dragon|
|Class D||Dinghies with PY number less than 1400 (Mirrors or faster), Flying Fifteens and Squibs|
3. Location and Schedule
For classes A and B, a coastal race will take place in Dublin Bay, extending to the vicinity of the Kish lighthouse and into Killiney Bay. For class C, a more sheltered inshore course in Dublin Bay will be set.
The start for classes A, B and C will be at the DBSC hut. First warning gun is at 11:25. The finish for these classes will also be at the DBSC hut, unless the race is shortened. Announcements may be made on Ch. 68 for these classes.
For class D, there will be two races: a pursuit race followed by a standard PY race from a Committee Vessel in Seapoint Bay. First warning gun is at 12.00, with classes starting at defined intervals. For the second race, boats will be divided into two groups, on the basis of their PY number.
Entry must made online with online payment at: www.dmyc.ie/regatta
The declaration in the online entry must be completed by the boat owner or his/her authorized representative and, if the owner is under 18 years of age, by his/her parent or guardian.
Entries close at 22.00 on Friday the 10th June, 2016.
5. Entry Fees
|Discounted Entries||Late Entries|
|Boat type||Up to 23:59 on Thursday 9 June||On 10 June|
|Class A, B, or C||€35||€45|
|Double handed Dinghies, Squibs and Flying Fifteens||€25||€35|
|Single handed Dinghies||€20||€30|
6. Handicapping and Prizes
- Class A: STANDARD ECHO standard handicaps will be used to calculate corrected times.
- Class B: Handicaps, similar to STANDARD ECHO, will be determined by the organisers, and published in advance of the race.
- Class C: The Dublin Bay Mixed Sportboats Class fixed handicapping system will be used. Prizes will be awarded for 1st 2nd and 3rd places overall for Classes with a minimum of 2, 5 and 7 entries respectively.
- Class D: PY numbers (or equivalent) will be used to calculate start times in the pursuit race and corrected times in the second race. There will be separate prizes for each race. Pursuit Race: Winner takes all.
- Second (PY) race: 1st, 2nd and 3rd in both fast and slow groups (provisionally the cut off is set at 1100 and higher, for the slow fleet).
All Owners, Skippers and Crew will be Honorary Members of the DMYC on the day of the Regatta. This privilege may be withdrawn at the discretion of the committee. Prize giving will take place at approximately 18.00 on the day of the regatta. There will be a barbecue (weather permitting) and entertainment, after sailing.