Dun Laoghaire Harbour Annual Swim
Sunday 23 August 2015
Please note the (86th) Annual Harbour swim will take place on Sunday 23 August, 2015. All harbour users are directed to keep clear of the swimmers; this includes both watercraft and shore-side rod fishermen. Additionally boats moored in the East Bight are not to operate their engines
A Childrens’ Race is scheduled to start at 15:30 hours.
The Mens’ Race is scheduled to start at 16:30 hours.
The Ladies’ Race is scheduled to start at approximately 17:30 hours.
The Mens’ and Ladies’ races will have the same course which will last approximately fifty minutes each.
HW 18:34 hours
The course will be as follows:
- START at RNLI Boathouse, East Pier Slipway;
- TURN and then along front of National Yacht Club pontoons;
- TURN at RNLI Mooring and then along length of Carlisle Pier;
- DIRECT from HEAD of Carlisle Pier to East Pier Lighthouse;
- TURN at a buoy laid off the lighthouse to go INSIDE moorings;
- FOLLOW down the entire length of the East Pier wall so as to
- FINISH at the East Pier Slipway
For further safety, all other Harbour users are to comply with any instructions given by the attending Race Marshals. The Marshals will be in guard boats or canoes that accompany the swimmers and will wear High Visibility jackets as an identity.
N.B. Race times are provisional and may be subject to change